Young people want to shape the world. Camp Fire provides the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are. In Camp Fire, it begins now.
Light the fire within
The Camp Fire Purpose
To provide, through a program of informal education, opportunities for youth to realize their potential and to function effectively as caring, self-directed individuals responsible to themselves and to others, and, as an organization, to seek to improve those conditions in society which affect youth.
Camp Fire USA adheres to 12 core values that guide the development of programs and the organization as a whole:
1. We believe that children are our most precious resources.
2. We believe in an approach to youth development that builds assets and empowers individuals.
3. We believe that the best youth development occurs in small groups where children and youth are actively involved in creating their own learning.
4. We are committed to coeducation, providing opportunities for boys, girls and families to develop together.
5. We provide caring, trained mentors to work with children and youth.
6. We are inclusive, welcoming children, youth and adults regardless of race, religion, socioeconomic status, disability, sexual orientation, or other aspect of diversity.
7. We believe in the power of nature to awaken a child’s senses, curiosity, and desire to learn.
8. We foster leadership, engaging children and youth to give service and make decisions in a democratic society.
9. We provide safe, fun and nurturing environments for children and youth.
10. We enrich parents’ and other adults’ lives by expanding their skills and encouraging them to share their talents and build relationships with children and youth.
11. We respond to community needs with our programs and expertise.
12. We advocate on behalf of children, youth and families.